In today’s episode we welcome Fr. Cliff Ermatinger, a Priest of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. He is a writer, and has worked as a spiritual director, retreat master, and lecturer on spirituality for many years. He has a BA from Gonzaga University in philosophy, and a PhL and STL from Regina Apostolorum Pontifical University, in Rome.
He wrote several books on the spiritual life, and on how to combat evil in our lives. Some of those books are: “If you knew the gift of God”; “Common Nonsense: 25 Fallacies about Life... refuted”; “The Devil’s Role in the Spiritual Life” and his latest book “The Trouble with Magic”.
In today’s episode we will speak about the book “Common Nonsense”, particularly about the fallacy of Relativism. Relativism is a philosophical doctrine that claims that there is no absolute and objective truth. In our next episode we will discuss another of his books, “The Trouble with Magic.”
- Links to some of Fr. Cliff Ermatinger’s books:
- Fr. Patrick Wainwright is a priest of Miles Christi, a Catholic Religious Order.
- Miles Christi Religious Order website: https://www.mileschristi.org
- This Podcast’s Website: https://www.forcollegecatholics.org
- To learn about the Spiritual Exercises (silent weekend retreat), visit: https://www.mileschristi.org/spiritual-exercises/
- Recorded at our Family Center in South Lyon, Michigan.
- Intro music from pond5.com